The iTero® Scanner captures the contours of teeth and gums, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes.
Our lab is now able to offer this new technology to our Invisalign® patients so that impressions are not needed to get started. Traditional impressions can be unpleasant and sometimes result in taking multiple rounds of impressions in order to achieve the accuracy needed for fabrication of Invsialign® aligners. The iTero® Scanner ensures a more accurate impression from the start and thus allows for a more comfortable patient experience and faster aligner delivery. The iTero® Scanner digitally captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once we begin the scanning process, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser and in as little as 15 minutes a digitally perfect, 3D model is produced of your teeth and gums. Through digital software you’ll be able to follow the progress of the scans on the computer screen.
Advantages of the iTero® Scanner for Invisalign®:
• Eliminates Traditional Impressions – The most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
• Superior Accuracy – No distortion from patient movement, removal of impression, or disinfection.
• Faster Delivery of Aligners – Aligners are delivered in half the time, as quickly as 3 weeks.
• On-Screen Visualization – Allows for adjustment to create an ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
• Increased Patient Comfort – Eliminates the goop and gagging of traditional impressions.
• Single Use Imaging Shield – Ensures maximum disease prevention and cleanliness.