Is your child experiencing a misaligned jaw or crooked teeth? Looking for the best orthodontic care for your child is of utmost importance. If you are interested in our orthodontic care services for your child, contact us at Davis Orthodontics in either our San Diego or Escondido locations!
Why child orthodontics?
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that any child around seven years old have a check-up with a specialist. Some reasons for this include:
- Posterior occulsion is first established as the initial molars develop. During this time, we can observe or better predict if there may be any crossbites or functional compromises.
- Crowding, open bites, deep bites, and other jaw compromises can begin once incisors have developed.
- A timely examination can lead to greater treatment success, if needed.
- Dr. Davis can spot subtle concerns from growing teeth and jaw development as baby teeth are transitioned to adult teeth.
- Earlier treatment in your child’s life can help prevent more serious oral developments during their adulthood. In certain cases, your child may be able to achieve more successful results that may not be likely as facial structures and the jaws have fully grown.
- Early and optimal treatment allows Dr. Davis to improve your child’s oral habits, guide healthy jaw and tooth growth, and establish a comfortable, healthier aesthetic for the long-term.
What are some treatment options available for my child?
At Davis Orthodontics, we offer a wide array of child orthodontics services, some of our most popular include traditional braces and Invisalign. During your child’s consultation, we can discuss suitable options for them upon an evaluation.
What are some reasons to consider orthodontic care for your child?
Orthodontics can serve a wide array of benefits for your child’s current and future dental health. Some notable benefits of treatment may include:
- Can help improve or prevent periodontal concerns
- Can help reduce or prevent bone loss around teeth
- Improves teeth functionality
- Improves smile aesthetic
- Improves oral health
- Can improve your child’s self-confidence
Ready to schedule your child’s orthodontist appointment?
Led by Dr. Allen Davis, a Board-Certified specialist in orthodontic care, Davis Orthodontics blends unmatched comprehensive patient care with the latest and greatest treatments, ensuring the very best for all our patients. Dr. Davis and his incredible team look forward to bringing out the best in your child’s smile. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!